Hygiene plays an important yet a crucial part of babies’ health and care. It’s really important to start your baby day with a good hygiene. Following a good hygiene is very important to keep your baby healthy and happy. Besides daily cleanliness, there are many areas that require special care to avoid any sort of rash or allergies.
Always make sure you keep your little one’s ears and nose clean, give him a clean bath, trim his nails, deal with his sensitive skin and finally change his nappies regularly.
Following few tips may help a lot for new parents:
Bathing your Baby
Bathing your tiny baby may seem easy at first; in fact it’s a tedious job to do. Bathing your new baby twice or thrice in a week is sufficient. Excessive bathing might make your babies skin dry, so a sponge bath is recommended for a new baby. While giving a bath to your baby just make sure that you follow some tips:
- Use warm water to wipe your baby’s body, preferably 90 to 100 degrees F.
- Use mild baby soaps and shampoos.
- Wipe your baby’s face and hair with soft and clean cloth and make sure that you take care while holding your baby.
- Wrap your baby with a clean cloth or with a soft towel immediately after the bath.
- If your baby is few months older then use a bath tub where your baby can sit up-right.
- Fill the tub with 2-3 inches of water if your baby is more than 6 months old.
- Also make sure that the water does not enter into baby’s eyes.
- Keep all electrical appliances far away from the water tub.
- Baby nails are very sensitive, so they require a proper hygiene.
- Always trim your baby nails so that he cannot scratch himself anywhere on body.
- Always trim your baby nails while he is sleeping.
- Use a baby size clipper to trim your baby’s nails.
- Mothers should take special care of their baby’s ears.
- They must clean them regularly to avoid allergies.
- Never use a cotton bud to clean baby’s ears as it can damage the ears.
- Use a soft cloth to clean your baby’s ears or take him to a doctor.
- Use a clean and dry cloth to clean baby’s nose
- Use a nasal syringe to remove the mucus from baby’s nose to avoid breathing problem.
- Diapers Cloth diapers are always preferred over artificial diapers as they are much more hygienic.
- Cloth diapers prevent from scars and rashes and are easy to change and wash.
- Clean your baby’s bottom with cotton and not with tissues.
Whatever you do, always begin your baby’s day with healthy and clean habits to keep him healthy and happy.